Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Festive Carrot Family Plush

 Last month, I posted about the return of Aldi's festive carrot family. We were in a lockdown at the time, and only essential retail was allowed. Festive plush carrots were not considered essential--go figure. But we are a week into the eased restrictions and non-essential retail is once again allowed. The Carrot family has arrived in our local Aldi. Katie and Kevin, the matriarch and patriarch:
Apparently, they're up to three youngsters now:
Looks like Baby still needs a name.

The advert for this year is here 

I did not see hedgehog plushies, even though he helps save Kevin when he parachutes out of the plane!

It's a cute idea and people seem to love it. They have, I think, been offering various Carrot family merch for a few years and the range seems to be expanding. I believe pyjamas will be available soon if they aren't already. I find this whole thing mildly amusing, but it reminds me once again why I would be the world's worst marketer. πŸ˜€ 


7 comments:

JFM said...

They are so cute!!!
They made me smile
Thank you for sharing, Shari ❄☕πŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸŽ

Shari Burke said...

They are cute! Glad they made you smile :-) Enjoy your day!

Lowcarb team member said...

I have to say they look so cute, they have such wonderful smiles and happy faces :)

All the best Jan

Vicki said...

So cute! I've never seen them at any of our Aldi's :(

Shari Burke said...

It's a clever marketing campaign, that's for sure. πŸ™‚

Iris Flavia said...

Cute!
Though... the last working years (years!) I had carrots every day and am kinda over it.
PJs I could not resist, though, clever marketers... ;-)

Shari Burke said...

I am a marketer's nightmare. Definitely not a shopper, except when necessary, like for food. :-)