Friday, December 11, 2020

Festive--But Probably Not for the Turkeys or Frosty

 We walked up to recycle glass and tins today, passing some festive decorations along the way.
This house had a few decorations, lots of turkeys and on the other side, geese and the goat who lives here. They have always had a goose, but there were several this time and the turkeys are new. I suspect that they will be on various Christmas tables in a couple of weeks. The turkeys were hoping we had something for them, I think, but alas, we were unprepared, so just admired them instead. Fat lot of good that does them--I'm sure they would rather have had some food!
Frosty was hanging out with the slow cooker and other unwanted bits at the recycling centre.
On the way back, I noticed this on the other side of the fence from the turkeys. Portal to another realm, perhaps? 😉
So that task is done. It's nice to be able to have a pleasant walk while doing such chores. And now, I'm off to get my wholemeal pizza crust started. 

Stay safe and well! 😷



6 comments:

JFM said...

Oh! If only those turkeys knew what could be awaiting them 🍗☕
Nice photo Shari 🎁🎅🎄

Shari Burke said...

Hopefully they're enjoying however many days they have left.

Lowcarb team member said...

Thank you for sharing these photographs.

Enjoy your pizza,
wishing you and Bill a happy weekend :)

All the best Jan

Shari Burke said...

Pizza was great :-)

You have a fab weekend, too!

Vicki said...

That sure is a lot of turkey's!

Shari Burke said...

Indeed. A flock, if that's what a group of turkeys is called. I looked it up--flock or rafter. I have learned something :-) A friend tells me these are 'lady turkeys.' She has turkeys, so I defer to her superior knowledge about such matters!