Monday, December 14, 2020

Festive Blooms

 Our Christmas cactus is blooming again this year. Last year was the first year it bloomed after Bill grew it from a small segment found on s shelf outside a grocery store over 3 years ago. The piece had fallen off one of the plants. They always overwatered their plants, so the plant the wee bit came from probably rotted, as plants from there tended to do. But now the segment that fell off lives on. The first flower opened up on the solstice last year, so it's about a week earlier this year. So beautiful!


I hope there is plenty of colour and beauty in your world today!

9 comments:

Vicki said...

It is beautiful!

JFM said...

I love the Christmas Cactus...I have one also that I have had for years. They are so cheerful.
You and Bill must have green thumbs to resurrect this plant from nothing much more than bit of a plant.

Shari Burke said...

It's a nice pop of colour.

We like growing houseplants from cuttings. A friend once gave me a small plant she grew from a cutting. It grew and she told me to make sure to pinch off the tops every once in a while so it wouldn't get too leggy. I couldn't throw the pieces away, so I put them in water and they rooted, so I planted them. I donated about a dozen small potted plants to a charity shop--LOL. I still have a couple plants left hanging out with all the spider babies and my avocado pit plants :-)

Lowcarb team member said...

It is a beautiful plant and such a wonderful colour.

All the best Jan

JFM said...

That is a wonderful way to share some happiness with others and plants respond to care and one's voice, too 🌱🌿🌾❤

Iris Flavia said...

Now that is a very beautiful story - I always get "crap" and keep it, yours even blooms! And it´s from your Hubby!

Shari Burke said...

It does make us happy! It's the little things :-)

Brenda said...

Gorgeous

Shari Burke said...

It makes me smile :-)