Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Wednesday Words of Wisdom

 Following on from yesterday's post about superfluous merchandise destined for landfill, here is this quote from my Tricycle Daily Dharma email. I love this--it's so me.

During this time of giving, we should not place too much importance on material gifts; it’s our thoughts, words, and deeds that count. Sincere expressions of appreciation, praise, thanks, and an unexpected helping hand can be the most treasured gifts of all.

—Reverend Earl Ikeda, “O Bodhi Tree, O Bodhi Tree”

4 comments:

NanaDiana said...

So VERY VERY true. Have a wonderful Wednesday, Shari. Hugs- Diana

Shari Burke said...

You, too, Diana!

Lowcarb team member said...

These words are so true :)

Can you believe it's Thursday tomorrow!!!
The days go by so quickly.

All the best Jan

Shari Burke said...

Yes, they do! And I am so often off on my days--LOL--for a while, I was thinking every day was Thursday. This week, I was thinking yesterday was Wednesday. Oh well, no matter what day I think it is, I'll be right eventually! :-)