Monday, November 2, 2020

Festive Intermission

 I'm interrupting the book series for this festive intermission. Not that books aren't festive, but we did our weekly shop today and now that Halloween is behind us, and there is no Thanksgiving here, it's all Christmas. 

Aldi's Christmas carrot, Kevin, is back with his family.
He made his first appearance 5 or 6 years ago as a single carrot. He soon met his future partner, fell in love, and by year 2, they were married, I think. Wee baby carrots soon followed. Every year, Kevin and family go on new adventures in the ads. We don't have a TV, but we've looked them up on you tube. Last night I was settling in to watch an art video and there was Kevin, this time in a plane with his friend, Turkey. There's a mishap and Kevin has to bail. It ends on a cliffhanger--where is Kevin? 

There's a bunch of Christmas food in the store. But in case anyone wants to bring the festive atmosphere into the loo, there are these loo rolls on offer.

We got plain white instead of snowman decorated. Back in the old days, when I was a kid, I remember adults buying toilet paper that matched the bathroom's decor--pink, blue, etc. I don't even remember when coloured toilet paper stopped being a thing, but I haven't seen it in yonks. In previous festive seasons here, I have seen holiday scented loo rolls--a few years ago, it was mulled wine scent. I shudder to think. I am so sensitive to things--someone once gave me some nice shampoo as a gift and I almost passed out in the shower. I reacted instantly--my head buzzed, my sinuses clogged up, my throat burned, and I felt woozy. I have to be very careful about scented stuff.

Even though the festive season is beginning, and many flowers have gone away until next year, there is still colour.
And these are still going strong.
I took the picture a couple of months ago--they're all in bloom now and there are a lot of them.

I hope it's a colourful day in your part of the world!



7 comments:

Vicki said...

I haven't seen the carrot family at our Aldi's :(

That tp is funny! Don't think I'd want any that was scented though.

Pretty flowers!

Shari Burke said...

They sold plush toys of the carrot family one year :-)

Lowcarb team member said...

I can remember, at Christmastime, when the children were growing up buying toilet rolls with Father Christmas or a snowman on them. Nowadays it's just white ones!

Lovely to see those flowers.

Happy November Wishes.

All the best Jan

Shari Burke said...

I don't remember seeing decorated toilet rolls, just the colours. I bet the kids thought they were fun!

Thank you for the good wishes!

Joy said...

I think those ad campaigns are so cute. I think one of the Famous Euro Chocolate companies like Lindt or someone makes chocolate carrots here but for the Easter season. I also like the colourful things like you said I think I used to get blue TP pretty regularly. Oh also definitely sensitive to those kinds of shampoos no way... I have to use the things with the fewest and most natural ingredients but even at that still have to avoid additive scents like Eucalyptus and Citronella, licorice/anise, cinnamon, sage, overly flowery etc those will put me into all kinds of reactions like you had. Sometimes it can just get to be toxic with 'how loud' a scent can be in a product. If the actual oils are used it can cause a host of other physical challenges.

Shari Burke said...

I don't have a problem with the natural oils and stuff, but the artificial ones can do me in! We bartered with someone once--some of Bill's photos for some of her handmade soap. It was heavenly stuff!

Joy said...

That's great and I agree that handmade soap and DIY items can be wonderful. I do fine with most natural oil things, just not with everything.