Monday, November 9, 2020

Lines and the Spaces In Between

 I love trees. I especially love bare trees. This makes sense when I consider the kinds of art I am drawn to--abstract with various lines. I can look at a painting of a still life or a nature scene or something and I may or may not like it as an image. But it doesn't make my heart sing the way certain abstract work does. It's the same with trees. In summer when they are in leaf, I can look at them and see their beauty, but looking at bare trees against a backdrop of sky stops me in my tracks. There is so much to look at--the lines and the ways they move, the ways the lines intersect, the shapes created in between the lines, and the fact that moving a few steps to see the tree from a different angle changes those things and presents a whole new set of lines and shapes. 

Today as we were walking to the grocery store to do our weekly shop, I had some happy encounters with bare trees.





It's nice to have things to stop and enjoy while doing such chores as grocery shopping. I hope there is some beauty in your mundane tasks today, too. 😀

5 comments:

Vicki said...

I love trees too and do appreciate bare trees. It's rare where I live to see a tree with fall colors or a bare tree so I love that you posted these photos :)

Shari Burke said...

We don't get much colour--the wind blows the leaves off the trees!

Linda said...

As you know, bare trees can be hard to come in the California. I had a lovely persimmon that I inherited when I purchased a home from a elderly Japanese couple. The tree was old but still producing and every year, in a three day period, it went from full leaves to completely bare. God how I loved the cycle and how that craggy old tree looked without a leaf.

Shari Burke said...

How cool! I would have been eagerly awaiting that every year myself :-)

Lowcarb team member said...

I like trees bare or not!
We had a lot of falling leaves today in the wind ...

All the best Jan