Friday, April 16, 2021

Still Standing

 There are a couple of ruins in Burtonport. I'm not sure what this one in the town is, but it's right on the main road.
This old coastguard station is visible from the main road, but we turned down a dirt lane and got a better view.

This one isn't a ruin yet, but the way the ivy is taking over, it might be one before too long!
The old structures here are solid--the landscape is littered with shells of buildings still standing, but with roofs and windows gone. It always makes me wonder about the people who inhabited these buildings long ago.



4 comments:

Vicki said...

I love old buildings and I love the Ivy on this one.

Shari Burke said...

It does take over, that ivy!

Linda said...

I love to imagine them bustling with life. They were important structures to someone, either living or making a living there.

Shari Burke said...

We used to live in an old coastguard station--so much character!