Thursday, April 1, 2021

April Morning on the Pier

April morning 
on the pier
in the sun
feeling the breeze
I sit
tea in hand
 captivated
by the rolling texture--
a collaboration 
between wind and sea.

The soothing sound 
of water meeting rock
gently fills my ears--
accompaniment
to the birds
and their symphony of sound.

I look deeply
at the wrinkled brown hills
and get a glimpse of faint green
while in the distance
a sheep 
has something to say.

The sun moves
around in the sky
soon
it will be uncomfortable and
I will have to go.

But for now
I sit
on the pier
in the sun 
feeling the breeze
sipping my tea.

I breathe in
peace
I breathe out
gratitude.

1 April 2021 


10 comments:

Vicki said...

I love your beautiful, calming poem! And that photo would make an amazing wall art!

Shari Burke said...

Thanks, Vicki! It was a lovely way to start the day!

Unknown said...

Very refreshing to read and to look at! Thank you!

Brenda said...

Love it

Shari Burke said...

Thanks for stopping by 🙂

Linda said...

I am there with you and I can hear the water. Lovely.

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful and nice to see you´re back!
At first you took me to Western Australia, to Carnarvon on the jetty, sweet memories!
Sadly no sheep there, but I have yours right here at my PC :-)

So sorry. You feel like I did the last half of the year, I reckon.

I had Papsi, btw. In 35+ C a tea, no, thank you, LOL

Shari Burke said...

Thanks, Linda :-)

Iris--yes, I seem to have many of the same issues that a lot of people have in winter, but in the spring/summer. The reason I was even there on the pier in the morning was because the forecast was for 15C and I knew that if I went out later in the day, when it was that warm with the sun, no clouds and very little breeze, I would be uncomfortable at best and ill at worst. So I went out in the morning and chose the pier because it's usually a wee bit cooler there and there's often a breeze. T-shirt, sandals, and short pants to avoid overheating and it was good. :-)

Lowcarb team member said...

I enjoyed this poem :)

All the best Jan

Shari Burke said...

Thanks, Jan 🙂