Wednesday, April 14, 2021

I Fell in Love with the Rocks

 For the first time in over a year, we hopped on a bus late this morning just to go somewhere and wander around. We went to spend some time in a neighbouring village, something we've been wanting to do and looking forward to for a long time. As of Monday, we are allowed to move around within our county instead of having to stay within 5km of our home, so we kept an eye on the weather forecast and decided today was the day we would finally go to Burtonport. It was a lovely day all around! 
the Irish name of the village, which means 'curved ravine'

One of the first things I noticed was the rocky environment, which I immediately fell in love with--so many textures and patterns!. 





It's such a beautiful landscape! We walked round for almost 4 hours and I enjoyed every minute of it! There is a lot more we want to explore, though, so we'll be going back soon. It's a very small village, but there are a few different walking trails along a disused railway line as well as dirt lanes and rural roads. 

I'm looking forward to the next walk!

5 comments:

Vicki said...

I love all the different rocks! Sounds like you and Bill had an amazingly fun day!

Good for you!

kimiko said...

I really love rocks, too!!

Shari Burke said...

It was a great day! The landscape was breathtaking! I have always had a thing about rocks--I even hauled some halfway around the world from Norway to Fairbanks years ago.

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds an amazing day. I enjoyed seeing your photographs.
So pleased you can now travel that little bit further.

All the best Jan

Shari Burke said...

Thanks, Jan! It was wonderful to be out and about in a new place!