Friday, April 2, 2021

Morning Tea Spot

 I went to the pier with my tea again this morning. I had to sit on a different bench, because the shaded one I chose yesterday was still wet with dew. There was one in the sun, so I chose that one--a very uncharacteristic move on my part! Just as well--I was facing in a different direction, so had a different view. I watched the sun sparkle on the water, saw an egret take off, and heard the whoosh of wings as a black bird flew just in front of me. I'd brought a poetry collection and found that to be much more suitable for the spot than the novel I'd brought yesterday. I didn't read much of either one, but I found that I enjoyed reading a poem, then sitting there quietly taking in the view and thinking about what I'd just read. 

It was a lovely start to the day. I hope that your day had a good start that continued right the way through.




 

9 comments:

racheld said...

Absolutely charming! You're new to me, and I so enjoyed your little journeys to a from the pier, with their changes and their light. I'm a sit-with-poetry person, as well, with a finger between pages as pause to look my eyes full of whichever scene is before them, (or whichever I've conjured from my rickety-tickety brain, and those are vast and numerous). So lovely to meet you, and I wish you a wonderful holiday weekend.

Shari Burke said...

Hello and welcome, Rachel! Thanks for stopping by and having a look at my neighbourhood :-)
It is nice to sit with words and let them really sink in, along with the images they invoke for us.
I hope you have a lovely holiday weekend as well!

Vicki said...

Beautiful photos!

Shari Burke said...

Thanks, Vicki!

Brenda said...

Love these photos

Shari Burke said...

Thanks, Brenda 🙂

Iris Flavia said...

A great way to start a day!

Shari Burke said...

It was! Put me in a very good mood, which is particularly appreciated at this time of year :-)

Lowcarb team member said...

A calming post ...
Beautiful photographs.

All the best Jan