Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Well That's Different

 We were in Aldi yesterday, walking by one side of the middle aisle, with its ever-expanding selection of Easter candy. Easter candy is big business here--I've seen Cadbury Creme Eggs appear before Christmas some years. Whenever they show up, they're usually the first appearance of what will become mountains of chocolate options in many different permutations. There are bunnies and chickens, but the real focus is on the eggs. There are eggs in all sizes, ranging from small foil wrapped chocolate to huge elaborately decorated chocolate eggs that sparkle and shine. Yesterday, though, as I glanced at the first of the glittery eggs, I noticed something a bit different. Spiky.
photo by bill burke
Yes, it's Spiky the Shark. Because nothing says, 'Happy Easter!' like a chocolate shark. 😏Just don't put him in the same basket as the bunnies or chickens!

8 comments:

NanaDiana said...

LOL- OMGosh--that is something I have never seen. Would scare the BeJesus out of some kids to get that in their Easter basket.
Hope you and Bill are doing well. Hugs- Diana

Shari Burke said...

It did provide a laugh during grocery shopping, so I'll count that as a win ;-)

Vicki said...

That's hilarious! Well it was until it made "Baby Shark" pop into my head.

Shari Burke said...

I had to google Baby Shark--LOL

My name is Erika. said...

He looks like fun, but is definitely not very Easter season appropriate, is he?

Rostrose said...

Haha! :-DDDDDD
Great, dear Shari! I've actually never seen anything like that. It doesn't get much more un-Eastery ;-D If I were to buy chocolate or chocolate gifts, then Spiky the Shark would be my first choice, but I've been doing without this extra dose of sugar and (partly) palm fat for a few years now...
Best wishes to you!
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/03/zeit-fur-einen-ruckblick-auf-den.html

Linda d said...

Absolutely ridiculous but I’m not one to be picky about what form my chocolate comes in. Bunny or shark, if it’s chocolate I’ll eat it.

Shari Burke said...

It does seem like a weird thing for Easter.

I do love my chocolate, but I tend to steer clear of the seasonal offerings and stick to bars because of the packaging. Spiky's package says there's no plastic, but some of this stuff is encased in so much of it--the ratio of chocolate to packaging isn't good.