Sunday, March 20, 2022

Lovely End to the Day!

 I had a particularly peaceful and pleasant end to yesterday. At about 10,  I got comfortable in my bed with a mocha beside me to start and then later a cup of tea. i stuck my ear buds in and resumed listening to the audiobook of Dead Man's Folly by Agatha Christie--a Poirot novel read by David Suchet, who played him superbly on TV off and on for a couple of decades. He has done a fine job with this audiobook as well. While I listened, I rummaged around in the zippered pouch containing some cross-stitch supplies--basics, like needles and a pair of scissors, as well as scraps of aida cloth and threads. I chose a piece of cloth, poked through the snips of thread and started stitching. Several chapters later, I had a completed bookmark.
I enjoyed playing with the colours and I've used the peace heart design in various ways since I graphed it out many years ago. Something to aspire to, even if we can't realistically hope that peace and love will ever take over the world!

Once the bookmark was done, I wanted to keep listening, so turned to kumihimo and did that. When I had 5 chapters left, I turned it off, read a bit, listened to a podcast, watched an art video and then, at about 2:30, went to sleep. 

Good books, scrappy projects, and hot beverages--my kind of night!

hope your night is good, too.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Sounds like a great way to spend time before going to sleep, and I love that bookmark, it represents two of my favorite things, Love & Peace :)

Shari Burke said...

I made it for Bill--he requested one :-)