Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Autumnal Scribbles with Yarn

 I finished this shawl earlier this year, but by the time I did, it was too warm to wear it. Now that we're past the yucky part of the year, I've got it on as I type. I couldn't get a good pic of the entire thing, so here it is in parts.




I crocheted it with a thicker wool (bought at a charity shop) with an 8mm hook in a basic lace stitch pattern, consisting of chains and single crochets (double crochet in UK terms). Then I took scraps and leftovers and did some surface crochet chains around in a random, abstract way. I made some simple motifs and sewed them on here and there. I love it! It's perfect for this time of year when it's not really cold--nice and cosy without being too heavy. 

I'm so happy to be back in wool season! 🐑😁


5 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Absolutely LOVELY, Shari. You are an artist in your own right! Hugs- Diana

Vicki said...

I can't wait for it to get cooler. Our high today is 91° but with the humidity being 51% the "feels like temp." is 100°.

Your shawl is very pretty, I hope it keeps you very warm!

Shari Burke said...

OMG! In October! I hope it cools off for you soon!

Brenda said...

This is gorgeous...it was 80 plus yesterday here in Indiana...last week not above 60...global warming...

Shari Burke said...

Thanks, Brenda! That's a big swing in temperature--hope it cools off soon!