Friday, May 19, 2023

Yummy Sunflower Spread

 A while back I watched this video and knew I wanted to make the sunflower spread she demonstrates (after the crackers, which I might try sometime, too). Today was the day to try it for the first time and it won't be the last. It's delicious! I made it like she did with the same herbs and dried veg, and I will happily make it like that again, but I also want to try a version with cumin, coriander, garlic, and maybe jalapeno. I like more spice than Bill does, so I sprinkled some crushed red chilli flakes on mine when we had it spread on toast for lunch today. I also added some broccoli sprouts.
Tomorrow we'll probably add some cucumber, radish, and tomato. In addition to toast, this would also be excellent on crackers, rolls, in wraps, or as a dip for veggies. 

Here's the video (and here's the link if that doesn't work--there are subtitles available. I'm not vegan, although I did try it once and became ill with almost daily migraines. I do really like this channel, though because she has some really interesting ideas that are useful to me. Being very much an improv cook, I like to collect ideas to adapt for my own use.



3 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Many thanks for sharing this Shari, always nice to see something different.
I'm pleased you liked it.

I'm not too fond of red chilli flakes although Eddie quite likes them.

As it's almost the weekend, I wish you a good one.

All the best Jan

Vicki said...

I'll definitely watch the video, I love toast and sunflowers so I may try this.

Shari Burke said...

Jan-- Bill isn't keen on the chilli flakes either, but I bought some in bulk so I won't run out anytime soon! I love them! 😀😋

Vicki --I think you will love the view from her kitchen!

Happy weekend!