Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Attention Grabbers and Quietly Beautiful

 We spent the day with a dear friend today. When we were walking to meet him, I was enjoying the sight of many beautiful flowers, but these really took my breath away.
Bill commented that these look like fabric--I agree--there were some red and yellow ones, too, but these grabbed my attention--love the colour

There was no missing these in a sidewalk planter--could see them from a distance

Before we left, the postman delivered a book I'd been eagerly awaiting and when I opened the package, I was immediately smitten with the cover art, which is called Lotus Flower from Pond and is a brush painting in the Gongbi style by Yue Juan. There is a Buddhist saying which I love and remind myself of often--no mud, no lotus. I think this painting is absolutely gorgeous.
I read the preface before we left and brought the book with me thinking I might read the introduction on the bus, but I didn't. I'm pretty tired now so won't start it tonight, either. Something to look forward to!

It was a nice day and very productive. I hope the same is true for you!

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Those flowers are so pretty, I love the color. It's a great day when you get books in the mail. I hope you love it!

Shari Burke said...

Thanks, Vicki! Me, too!

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased you had a nice day.
Those flowers are beautiful.

You've certainly got a nice book to enjoy there.

All the best Jan

Shari Burke said...

It was a lovely day!