Thursday, November 25, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving/Thursday!

 To those of you in the US or celebrating elsewhere, we wish you a very happy Thanksgiving! To those of you who are not having Thanksgiving today, we wish you a very happy Thursday!

Thanksgiving is the one US holiday that we've continued to celebrate since we left. It's still weird to have things just going on as usual out there while we have our much simplified holiday in our home. We've pared back the meal to the few favourites and I just finished preparing everything, although the stuffing continues to cook away in the slow cooker. Later we'll just heat things up, as we will for the next few days--I always make leftovers! 

I hope that wherever you are, you're having a good day spent with your favourite people!

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Bill!

I'll be going next door to my oldest son and daughter in law's house to spend the day with them, her mom and dad, my youngest son, my oldest granddaughter, oldest grandson, his girlfriend, and my great granddaughter.

Daughter in law is doing the cooking this year, I'm making the Banana Pudding. No lots of cooking and loads and loads of dishes for me to wash this year :)

Shari Burke said...

fun! Have a wonderful day!

Our daughter always requested banana cream pie for Thanksgiving with a vanilla wafer crumb crust. :-)

Linda said...

Happy, happy day Shari,

We are here alone but not lamenting that fact. A half round of golf, Chinese take out and a movie are the order of the day, in addition to a long nap for the Boy Scout.

Nothing exciting but there is much to be grateful for.

Shari Burke said...

That sounds like a wonderful day! I hope it was! I am quite happy with 'nothing exciting'especially at this time of year! 😃