Thursday, January 28, 2021

Lacy Rocks

 Yesterday I posted a few pictures of painted rocks that we saw along the river trail. I haven't painted any rocks, but I was reminded of the rocks I've embellished with crocheted/tatted lace.






I love rocks. When we travelled from Fairbanks to Norway years ago, I returned home with rocks in my suitcase--and we didn't have suitcases with wheels then, so we carried them. We even had a candle holder we bought in Norway that was a large rock that had a hole bored through it nd the bottom levelled off. There was a hole in the bottom that had a cork insert where a tea light sat. Alas, we had to sell it before moving to Ireland because we had strict weight limits on our few bags. Still, it was cool to have it for 16 years!


8 comments:

Vicki said...

I've never seen anyone do that with rocks, I like them! My mom collected rocks. They visited all the U.S. states, Alaska and Hawaii, and she brought back rocks in the trunk or in her suitcase. I have the rock she got in Ohio, where I grew up.

Shari Burke said...

I love it! What a perfect thing to bring back when travelling! Very cool that you still have the Ohio rock--a wee piece of your childhood home. :-)

JFM said...

Beautiful way to decorate a rock collection...I love the contrast.

Shari Burke said...

Thanks, Jan! 😀

Iris Flavia said...

:-) I just look to the right and have your shamrocks right by my PC on the wall.
No luck, job-wise, so far, but they sure make me smile every time (thank you!!!).
Sad you had to leave the candle holder behind...

Shari Burke said...

Hopefully one day you will have tons of luck. It's just hibernating now and waiting for brighter days to come :-)

Lowcarb team member said...

What a good idea, they all look great.

All the best Jan

Shari Burke said...

Thanks, Jan!