Saturday, June 20, 2020

Happy Solstice!

At 22:43 tonight our time, summer solstice will arrive. Yay! From then on, ever so slowly, the seconds/minutes/hours of daylight will begin to dwindle a bit more each day. I am almost giddy thinking about it! I know there is plenty of yuck still to come as summer drags on, but I always feel just a little bit better knowing that at least I am heading towards my best time of year now.

Whether this day makes you happy because of the long hours of light or the upcoming journey towards the dark, I hope it's a good one where you are.

10 comments:

Vicki said...

That flower is beautiful!

Shari Burke said...

Saw it on the way home from doing the weekly shop, so I put down the groceries and snapped a pic. It really stood out. :-)

bobbie said...

Merry Solstice!

JFM said...

I am with you Shari!
I love it as the days grow shorter...the nights grow longer...the weather turns cooler
and magick is in the air 🍁🍂

Beautiful flower 💮

Shari Burke said...

Thanks, Bobbie and you, too :-)

Ah, yes, Jan--such a wonderful time of year :-)

Brenda said...

Love this-my favorite flower. Happy Father's Day to your husband tomorrow-enjoy. Day 100 for me. Sunday

Shari Burke said...

Now you're on day 101, Brenda! I'm glad you're staying safe!

Lowcarb team member said...

I'm a day or two late but Happy Solstice.
That is a beautiful flower.

All the best Jan

Joy said...

Yay indeed! I can't wait for the shorter days and the heat waves to give way to cooler weather again.

Shari Burke said...

So glad to be heading in the direction of autumn now!