Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Pausing to Smile!

I've been trying to catch up with myself all day. We'd thought about going to Donegal Town today and I thought maybe I could get to sleep a little early last night, so I put down my tatting, turned off the light and pulled up the covers at about 1. No sleep for me until after 4, though. As a result, I should not have been surprised to wake up at 11:15 this morning! Now, this is really only an hour off at each end. I often go to sleep at 3 or thereabouts and wake up anywhere between 9:30 and 10:30, but that hour difference has thrown me off all day. Guess I'm a creature of habit and routine.

Even the postman came a bit later than he usually does, but he tossed a happy surprise through the slot and I've been smiling ever since!
Is this not a beautiful stitch marker? It was sent to me by a blogging/Facebook friend who bought it from her friend, who made it using scrap fabric. I love, love, love it! I love that it was made by an independent artisan, using scraps, and that it is both beautiful and functional. Because it's got the clippy part, I can use it for knitting, crocheting, and tatting, and it will make me smile every time.

The shop name has changed from Tooth Fairy Handmade to The Scrap Faerie--the Etsy shop is here. She has a lot of lovely items in the shop.

Thank you, Laurie, for taking time out of the proofreading process for your new book, Library Lost (find information about this book and the first in the series at Laurie's blog, here) to pop this in the post for me. I appreciate you thinking of me!

No comments: