Saturday, April 28, 2018

Lemon Meringue Muffins: The Pictures

The other day, I posted about some lemon meringue cupcakes we had at a village market and said I didn't take pics before we ate them. Well, a friend came to visit today and brought some of the market muffins (as the baker calls them)--strictly for documentary purposes, you understand! 😋😉
It's a sponge cupcake muffin with lemon curd inside and meringue on the top. They are soooooo good!
While I was munching on one, it dawned on me that it tasted different than such cupcakish things I've had in the US, whether from a supermarket bakery or made at home with a cake mix. One thing I've noticed here is that there are no cake mixes in the shops. I might have seen a gluten-free mix now and again, but while there are a gazillion different kinds of flour and sugar, there are no cake mixes.

I'm told that it did not take long for the supply to be depleted at the market this morning. Kudos to the baker!

Hope there are some tasty treat in your day, too!

No comments: