Friday, November 4, 2016

Clouds Rolling In

The clouds started rolling in last evening.

Woke up this morning to rain-splattered windows. By the time I left for the yarn people group at the library, the sun had been out for a while and it was pretty warm out--I just wore my lacy sweater instead of a jacket. It is always roasting in the library anyway and it only takes 2 minutes to get there. A friend gave me a bag full of scraps and odd balls--yay! I saw them and thought, 'Mitred square afghan.,' so that's what I shall do! And she brought a bag of skeins for others to use, which will be handy.

Shortly after I got home, the sleet/rain/hail began. This is supposed to continue, I think, with the possibility of thunderstorms added. There is a possibility of a wee bit of snow on the hills. Guess we'll find out whether that comes to pass.

Today has had a chaotic feel to it. I feel like I have been sort of moving right along from one thing to the next. Days like this remind me how unused to that kind of thing I have become. I used to spend almost all my days like that with even more to do. At the time, it was good. I got a lot accomplished and achieved things I am still proud of today. But I am glad I do not live that kind of life anymore. That was then, this is now, and I am not quite the same person I used to be. Now I am very happy living my boring life in the slow lane--and extra happy because the slow lane is full of clouds, rain, and maybe even a wee dusting of snow.

Happy Friday!

No comments: