Friday, February 8, 2019

Pesto Pizza on Rye Crust

Friday is pizza night in our house. The basic pizza consists of a wholemeal crust (I use the bread maker for the dough), topped with tomato puree (paste in the US--sprinkled with oregano, granulated garlic, and basil), cheeses,  sliced onion, chopped bells pepper, and jalapenos. Sometimes I add broccoli and/or sun-dried tomatoes. Today I decided to make a couple of small changes, so made a rye crust, topped with pesto, mozzarella, mild cheddar, and extra mature cheddar, then added the onion, bell pepper, and jalapenos. We sprinkled with a bit of Parmesan at the table. It was yummy! And, as always, I made an extra pizza for Bill and I to share for lunch tomorrow.
I do love leftovers!

If you don't feel like making a crust, and you have access to rye bread (it's not much of a thing here), a piece of rye bread, slightly toasted and topped with pesto, cheese, and veggies of your choice, then placed in the oven to melt the cheese would work, too. Cold sliced tomatoes would be good on top, too. Yum!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Looks and sounds delicious