Wednesday, February 20, 2019

All Quiet and a New Book

After a busy week, I've spent a few quiet days, which I am happy about. I've puttered around, done some reading and stitching, and listened to podcasts and music. I'm grateful to not be injured, since the other day I slipped and landed on my backside in a muddy puddle. Then I couldn't get up and had to slide over to one of the large rocks that sit on either side of the lane at the bottom of the hill so I could hoist myself up. I'm sure that, to any potential onlooker, it was sitcom material. Fortunately, I landed on the most well-padded spot and did no damage to myself--just a bit of an ache due to the jolt, but that went away after a night of sleep.

I'm reading library books at the moment, but am looking forward to this one, which a friend found and gave me the other day.
I was thrilled when he handed it to me, and even more so when I had a chance to sit down and look at it. I'd thought it would be a book of charts and possibly projects, which would have been great! And there are some of both included. But most of it is about medieval needlepoint--the motifs, symbolism, meanings, etc. How cool is that?!

I finished one library book yesterday and started the next one, which is about Mary Shelley, Virginia Woolf, Olive Schreiner, George Eliot, and the Bronte sisters. I want to be able to return it next week when we go to the library. After that, I'll be reading about medieval needlepoint. What a happy surprise!




4 comments:

Aritha V. said...

Interesting! I think you love this short video about Opus Anglicanum. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipae1Oy83ac

NanaDiana said...

I am sorry you fell but I bet it was kind of funny if someone was watching. At least if you have a warped sense of humor like me!

That book sounds really interesting. xo Diana

Lynne said...

Happy no injuries occurred from the fall . . .
Reminded me of a time I slipped onto my rump from an icy patch while taking the dog out.
A bit of a hill caused me to keep sliding and I wasn’t able to stand.
Quite the sight of me crawling back up across the lawn to find something to hold on to.
The memory brings me a smile.

Cross stitch is one of my long time favorites.
I would find the book interesting too.

Brenda said...

Glad you are ok!!
Book sounds great!