Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Yesterday's Haul

 These are the books I picked up from the library yesterday:

Those 4 are some of the ones I requested (I have three more coming). Some dark subject matter there, but quite informative and useful for the times in which we live. I've been struck more and more about how history repeats itself with different people in different places at different times. 

I spotted this one on the shelf:
I've not read everything Kingsolver has written, but I've read several of her books and I really like the ones I've read, so I added it to the pile. Have any of you read it and if so, what did you think?

At the charity shop, the books were 5 for a euro. Bill found 4 and I picked up this one to round things out. 
I have another of Kate Atkinson's books in one of my book piles (Life After Life), which I haven't read yet and this one has now been added. I've read a few of her Jackson Brodie books and at the end of each one, I've thought, 'Wow!' I hope I have the same reaction to those two.

I think this was a pretty good book haul to start the week!


6 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Great choices, Shari. You have lots of serious reading ahead of you. Thank goodness most of my blogging buddies are fellow bibliophiles. I remember well the first time Miriam ever invited me into her home, and there were books in every room, and classical music playing in the background. I was at home in an instant, knew I had made the right choice, and was determined to keep her!

Shari Burke said...

And keep her you did! Lucky for both of you :-)

My name is Erika. said...

Nice book haul. That one of Edda Mussulini sounds fascinating. I need a good book haul I think, though I have so many yet to read my pile is actually 3 piles. Grin.

Shari Burke said...

I hear you! We have several piles scattered around. Somehow, they keep growing 😏😉

Lowcarb team member said...

You've got some good reading ahead ... enjoy :)

All the best Jan

Shari Burke said...

So many books, so little time :-)