Saturday, February 25, 2023

Late Afternoon. Walking.

 

Late afternoon. Walking. The wind has a bit of a bite to it. It's pleasant. I alternate between looking at the footpath below and the sky above. I don't want to trip on any uneven spots, but I would rather keep my eyes on the sky. Eventually, I stop by a field and just watch the show. The clouds with their subtle colours change shape and drift, altering the light as they play hide and seek with the sun and the random patches of blue. The fog hangs low over the hills. The beautiful lines of the bare tree branches seem to be different from one minute to the next as the background shifts and moves. I watch, mesmerized, and think of Thich Nhat Hanh saying, 'A cloud never dies.' We walk on, stopping once or twice to admire the views. There is no rush.

Home. Making a cup of tea, I see the clouds and the sky again. Spooning up the tea leaves, I see the sun and rain that helped the plants to grow. Pouring the water, I see the clouds in a different form. Sipping my tea, I feel the sky--the peace and joy it gave to me one late afternoon, walking.

12 comments:

linda dev said...

You have created a beautiful word picture. I close my eyes and see you there. So peace filled.

Shari Burke said...

Thanks, Linda 🙂 I hope you're having a great weekend!

Vicki said...

Sounds like a perfect afternoon!

Shari Burke said...

It was! especially since we were just walking around the neighbourhood. :-) Happy weekend!

Lowcarb team member said...

I so enjoyed reading your post, it made me feel very peaceful ... thank you.

All the best Jan

Shari Burke said...

Thanks, Jan :-)

Brenda said...

Sounds lovely

Shari Burke said...

It was indeed :-)

NanaDiana said...

I love watching clouds. I have often done that with the grandkids and we will look for clouds that form pictures. I can remember lying in a field of tall grass on the farm and looking up at the sky and watching the clouds race each other to other parts of the world. Lovely post...and I hope you enjoyed your tea. Hugs- Diana

Shari Burke said...

Clouds provide such enjoyment, don't they? :-) I did enjoy my tea--there's nothing quite like coming home from a walk in a brisk wind and sipping a nice cuppa!

Rostrose said...

Your words exude a lot of calm and peace, dear Shari.
It's nice that this cloud walk gave you such pleasant feelings.
Nature is wonderful...
Best wishes,
❤️ Traude❤️
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/02/costa-rica-7-kapitel-tortuguero.html

Shari Burke said...

Simple joys :-)