Sunday, January 1, 2023

Spine-ku (ish)

 Hello and welcome to 2023! I hope everyone has had a wonderful start to the year and that things only get better as we get deeper into it!

I had a nice hibernation, which is what I like in December. 

As ever, I was and am surrounded by books and I woke up this morning thinking about spine poems for some reason. One of the books I've been spending some time with each day is the collected haiku of Basho that Bill got me a month or so ago. Maybe that's why they started coming to me in short bursts--spine-ku (ish), if you will. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜‰ Here are the first two I came up with:



In thinking about this, I realize how few books I have with verbs in the title. 

So there it is--that's how I roll into a new year--thinking about words and books. Whatever you're thinking about today, I hope it's all good. Happy 2023!


4 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

These are brilliant :)

Happy New Year Wishes.

All the best Jan

Shari Burke said...

Thanks, Jan! Happy New Year to you and Eddie!

Brenda said...

Happy New Year...intriguing blog.

Shari Burke said...

Thanks, Brenda! Happy New Year!๐Ÿ™‚