Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Cup of Cocoa

I just finished my version of a mocha with a piece of the banana bread I made yesterday. Yum! In order to have a no-fuss mocha, I use cocoa mix that I make myself.

2 cups dry milk
3/4 cup sugar, or to taste
3/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

Put in a bowl and mix well. 

To make cocoa, place a couple of teaspoonfuls into a mug, add water that's just gone off the boil, and stir well. To make a mocha, add a spoonful of instant coffee or espresso powder to the mug with the cocoa mix before adding the water. Quick and easy.

Here is the spine poem I came up with today:

The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists, (by Robert Tresell)
The Olive Readers, (by Christine Aziz)
A Literature of Their Own (by Elaine Showalter)

6 comments:

Vicki said...

You did a good job with the spine poem!

Shari Burke said...

Thanks, Vicki! :-)

Lowcarb team member said...

Well done with todays spine poem.

Enjoy your cocoa, as I type this I am enjoying a late night cup of tea.

All the best Jan

Shari Burke said...

Tea is good!

Rostrose said...

Dear Shari,
your drink sounds interesting, I'm still considering whether it's more like cocoa or coffee...(?)
I wish you and your loved ones good luck and health in the new year! 🥂🍀😌
All the best, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/01/costa-rica-1-kapitel-einleitung.html

Shari Burke said...

It's both :-)

Happy New Year!