Saturday, September 17, 2022

Dandy!

 We walked down the lane to drop off our glass for recycling and came across these two having a lunch date on a dandelion.
They were quite into their food--did not move as I came in closer and took their picture.

I'm still not used to things as they are now. When we would go to recycle glass in Bunbeg, we walked a mile and a half down a busy road and had to shout at each other to make ourselves heard if we tried to have a conversation. It was like a speedway. Now we walk down a country lane, chatting in normal voices and listening to birdsong. It's a lovely walk. Today the sky was a bit dramatic.
It's not as cool as I would like, but I am starting to feel the stirrings of an autumnal vibe. This makes me so, so happy. It's been chilly enough at night to close one of the windows, to wrap up in a shawl in the mornings and evenings, and to put my wool blanket on the bed. I might have to take it off again a few nights hence, but for now, I'll just be happy about it.

I hope your day is filoled with good vibes, too--whatever that means for you.
 

4 comments:

Vicki said...

I love both photos! It's getting cooler here too. The temp. is 82° but with the humidity it feels like 90°.

Normal voices and birdsong sounds so much better than having to shout to each other due to a speedway!

Shari Burke said...

Thanks, Vicki.
That would be a major heat event here :-)
It's so much nicer--now it's a lovely walk instead of a chore.

Lowcarb team member said...

Love that dramatic sky :)

All the best Jan

Shari Burke said...

I love watching the sky when there are clouds :-)