Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Friends

 We have started moving and in an unexpected turn of events, things are coming along much more quickly than I'd expected them to! On Friday, I packed for the bus back to our new place--I'd planned on us each taking a couple of backpacks. Then some friends contacted me and said to skip the bus and wait for them. We did. It was a long day, but we got almost everything shifted to the new place! We have very little left to do! How cool is that?! I am so grateful. I'd expected to be spending a few weeks going with a load one day and coming back with empty bags the next a few times a week, but instead I can focus on getting the new place organized. There will still be a few days when we need to be in the old place so we will bring the few remaining bits back with us after those days. We will do most of the cleaning close to the time we leave for good. There is so much dust here that doing it now would only mean doing it all over again later. 

This past weekend I drifted off to sleep each night listening to the river flowing outside my window. It was lovely. 

One of the cool things about Glenties is the fact that they still have Market Day. On Thursdays, veg man sets up his fruit and veg stall, the fishmonger from Mountcharles is there, and the butcher from Killybegs has his van parked on Main St. I am thrilled to have a veg man again. 

Hope your week has started off well!


7 comments:

jackie said...

Enjoy your new spot and hope you get to stay for a bit!

Shari Burke said...

Thanks, Jackie! I hope so, too!

Linda said...

Wonderful news! It is so nice to have a little help.

Shari Burke said...

We're grateful! And it was so nice to spend the day with them! We will be closer now so will be able to visit each other more often. One of our friends has been involved one way or another in every move within Ireland except the first one--and he offered to help us finish as soon as we met him!

Brenda said...

Sounds fantastic

Vicki said...

Sounds like you are already loving you new home. And great that you know so many helpful people. I would love falling asleep to that sound. I usually set my Echo Dot to rain, ocean waves, or Zen music when I get ready to go to sleep. So relaxing.

Shari Burke said...

So far, so good, Brenda! :-)

It's such a relaxing sound, Vicki! We met our friends the second year we were in Ireland and hit it off right away. They're fabulous! :-)