Monday, June 27, 2022

Some Things Never Change

 
in my crayon box
cool shades down to nubs, warm shades
almost good as new

We were walking to the library this morning and I saw these blooms. These flowers always make me think of the big boxes of 64 crayons I used to have when I was a kid. It reminds me of the thistle crayons, which was one of my favourites. Some of the colours--the aptly named thistle, as well as all the purples, dark blues, and greens--were down to nubs because I used them so much. The hot colours--reds, oranges, yellows--were still sharp because I rarely used them. Some things never change! 😉

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Me too…all those colors…

Vicki said...

Very pretty flower! I used to love coloring even as an adult. I haven't down any in a while. Now I want to go buy a box of crayons and a few coloring books, and plant some flowers :)

Shari Burke said...

Nothing quite like a box of crayons, is there :-)

Joy said...

I so agree about the colors in the crayon box. I think some of us become aware from a young age that colour has an effect on us whether we want it to or not. I pretty much just don't tolerate anything that I know know is 'hot' or 'angry' or not cool and soothing and healing. As an aside to that I find that so much more just automatically goes well when it's placed together lol.

Shari Burke said...

Hot colours make me feel agitated :-(