Saturday, September 19, 2020

Blooms and Sheep

Bill was in the information centre yesterday and saw this coaster. Everything about it is me--the sheep, the rain, the rocks, the hill, the foliage, and the purple wedges on the umbrella. There was only one. He bought it for me. I love it and will not be using it as a coaster, of course. It makes me smile every time I look at it.


We've had a week or so of summery weather. Hopefully this is the last gasp. With the sun at a different angle and longer nights, this was not as unpleasant as similar days earlier in the season. The forecast for later in the week looks like the weather might be a lot like that being experienced by the sheep!

Before the sunshine, we had a lot of rain. I suppose the combination made the flowers quite happy. I saw this as I walked by and wondered what it would look like when the buds open.


Then we walked on and I found out.

I have no idea what these are called, but I like them!





6 comments:

Vicki said...

I love that coaster too and I would use it as one either! We're in our rainy season so it rains almost every day and is very hot and humid.

Vicki said...

I love that coaster and I wouldn't use it as one either! I had some flowers like that at the end of my house at one time.

Shari Burke said...

I hope things get fresher soon! Love the rain, but heat and humidity not so much!

Joy said...

I love that coaster it's adorable (I also wouldn't use it it's too cute.) =)

Interesting I wonder if they're some form of fuchsia? Very pretty!

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the coaster :)

All the best Jan

Shari Burke said...

It does make me smile.