Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Autumn At Last!

 I am sooooooo happy that autumn has arrived! 🍂🍁🍃😁💜 After breakfast this morning, I got down my collection of seasonal decorative bits that I've stitched over the past few years and hung them up. I had two small cross stitched pumpkins that I made the other night. I attached one to a shell with a hole in it and hung the other on my rosemary plant. Each one is less than an inch. I will make some more, probably in different sizes.



In the afternoon, I cooked a bunch of apples with cinnamon and ginger. The smell of them cooking was wonderful and it lingers on several hours later. We will have these in porridge or with yogurt and muesli.

The day does have an autumnal feel to it after a week or so of summer-ish weather. It's cooler, breezy, and rainy--just the way I like it. 

I hope this day turns out just the way you like it, too. 

5 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Those are so sweet, Shari! I love the Irish cross-stitch from you and prize it highly! I, too, love Fall and all the sights and scents that go along with it. I hope you have a wonderful week. Love to you- Diana

Vicki said...

Those are so cute! It's 87° now where I live.

Shari Burke said...

Wow! 87. I get cranky when it's 60 ☺

Lowcarb team member said...

Autumn is one of my favourite seasons ...

All the best Jan

Shari Burke said...

I love autumn for its own sake, but added to that is the huge relief I feel about summer being over! :-)