Thursday, May 23, 2024

Does He Understand the Concept?

 It was Bill who pointed it out to me. He looks out the window as he's washing the dishes and he often gets a view of the guy across the river and his droopy drawers. He shared his observations with me and well, there are some things you just can't unsee. Droopy seems not to understand the concept of pants and what their purpose is. He seems to assume that they should be worn under the butt instead of covering it. He apparently feels that this fashion statement is one to be shared with any and all who are in his vicinity. I'm sure I am not alone in wishing he wouldn't, but here we are. We look out of the windows at our own risk. Yesterday, he was on a ladder fairly high above the sidewalk, giving all and sundry a better view. You'd think the breeze blowing across his butt would cause a chill, but he's apparently willing to tough it out. Has anyone ever told him that pants were actually designed to gently cover the rear end, providing warmth, comfort, and protection from stinging insects, biting bugs, splinters, frostbite, etc? We'll never know. Droopy droops and I just look away.😬

6 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

And it seems to be a bit of a fashion trend with people of moronic leanings! If only they would realize how ridiculous they look, and I sometimes wonder how some of them manage to walk. To each his own, I suppose, but some habits are just plain stupid.

Shari Burke said...

Fifteen years ago, when we were in St Paul, Minnesota, we passed a bus stop where a young Droopy Drawers was standing at a bus stop. Suddenly, gravity prevailed and his pants were around his ankles. He scrambled to reach them to pull them up. Lucky for him the bus didn't show up just then. This Droopy is old enough to know better--at least in theory :-)

Lowcarb team member said...

Now when I looked out of the window today I saw lots of birds at the feeder :)
Washing-up always takes longer then because it's lovely to see them feeding.

As for 'droopy drawers', it sounds as if he should know better!!!

All the best Jan

Shari Burke said...

The other day he literally had his waistband and belt positioned like a butt sling. Maybe butt lift surgery is too expensive and this is his DIY alternative!

Sean Jeating said...

Ha ha ha. The corners of my mouth have not returned from their expedition to my ear-lobes, yet.
Please pass my regards to Bill.

Shari Burke said...

I will do that, Sean.