Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Bold!

 Last night, I finished a pair of socks. Today, I have happy feet. Love, love, love! 

Details:
Yarn is King Cole Zig Zag sock yarn in the colourway Butterfly. It's 75% superwash wool and 25% nylon. A skein is 100 grams/460 yards/420 metres. Created with a size E/3.5mm bamboo crochet hook. Crochet design is my own. There is an afterthought heel, which means that when that wears out, I can cut it off and make a new one, thus extending the life of the socks. My socks always wear out on the bottom of my foot at the heel end, so this is good. 

They're extremely comfortable, fit my feet perfectly, and I love the bold colours which make me smile every time I look at them. And I have a fair bit of the yarn left, so I will be able to use it in a future scrappy project. At least some of it will be used on my triangle pin loom--I am really looking forward to seeing how it weaves up on that.


7 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

They look great. You will be stepping out in style.

Shari Burke said...

Thanks, David. I'm about to do just that!

Linda said...

Such happy colors. I can see why you love them.

Vicki said...

I love them, you did a great job!

Shari Burke said...

Linda--I do! They made me smile while I was making them and now they make me smile while I am wearing them.

Thanks, Vicki!

Lowcarb team member said...

They look great, no wonder you have happy feet :)

All the best Jan

Shari Burke said...

Thanks, Jan! Happy weekend!