Friday, December 2, 2022

Simply Lovely

 Late this afternoon, I went into the conservatory to work on deconstructing a sweater (more on that soon). It's a fiddly process because the yarn is both fuzzy and slubby, but I am almost done. As I sat there playing with yarn, I watched the last bit of sun fall on the remaining leaves and the moss on the tree trunlks, making them glow. I looked at the light coming from behind a layer of dark cloud. I listened to the birds singing. I noticed how peaceful and content I felt and I smiled.

Earlier in the day, we took a walk out to the outskirts of town to a little park area which I'd seen on the bus. At that time of the day, the sky was a blanket of grey but there was still much colour to be seen. 
I've always loved purple ornamental cabbage--I haven't seen any in a while until today

there were several of these hanging in there

a pretty little flower

a bit of autumn colour hanging on in spite of the wind

It was a simply lovely day. I hope it's the same for you!

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Love the cabbage and flowers, especially the purple ones which is one of my favorotite colors. I also love the autumn color since we rarely see that in Florida.

Sounds like you had a very nice day!

Lowcarb team member said...

Days like this are very special ...
I did enjoy your photographs.

All the best Jan

Linda said...

Beautiful. I can see the little bit of sunlight in my minds eye.

NanaDiana said...

What a lovely day you had! I used to grow the purple ornamental cabbage in window boxes every year when we lived on the bay. I have always loved the way the ruffled edges seem to lift towards the source of light. Have a wonderful Irish day! Hugs- Diana