Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Superfan!

 When we went to Glenties last week, we stayed overnight at Avalon B&B, just visible at the back of the field:
It was a really nice place, just under a kilometer out of town. The owner was really nice, the room was exceedingly comfortable, and the setting was fabulous. It was a last minute trip and we got the last available room at the only B&B within walking distance of the town.

By the time we wandered over in that direction, we were tired. We left early so it had been a long day and we were in the village for several hours before going to the B&B. The backpacks seemed heavier than they had in the morning, even though we'd both packed light. The bag I had over my shoulder felt heavier by the minute. We were both looking forward to getting settled into our room, hydrating, taking a shower, and putting our feet up. 

As we walked up the long driveway, though, I stopped to chat with this wonderful critter:
As I always do when I see sheep, I thanked them for their wool. This one stopped and looked at me, just standing there as though listening to what I had to say. Bill walked up and lifted his camera to snap a picture. This sheep and the other few who were hanging around nearby, turned around and ran away. Bill commented that they liked me, but not him. I told him, 'They know a superfan when they see one!'

The next morning, we were up early since we had to catch a bus. I was sitting in the chair enjoying the quiet when I heard a bleat. Someone in the front field was up and had something to say. πŸ˜€πŸ‘


2 comments:

Vicki said...

LOL! I'm glad you had mini vaca, the B&B sounds very nice. That sure is a pretty sheep, glad you got to say thank you :)

Shari Burke said...

I do love the sheep πŸ˜πŸ‘