Friday, April 8, 2022

All in One Day!

 There's a joke in Ireland that we sometimes have all four seasons in one day. People sell T-shirts, mugs and other souvenirs with various imagery to go with the words. Sometimes, like today, it feels pretty accurate!

We left around noon to go to the library. I'd put on my sunglasses before we went, because there was bright sunshine, blue sky, and puffy white clouds. We started walking towards the lane that we take to cut up to the road the library is on. The lane is maybe 3 or 4 minutes from home. As we approached it, I looked at the sky in the distance and learned I wouldn't need the sunglasses for very long.
We started walking up the lane and I looked in the opposite direction from the dark sky.
At the top of the lane 5 or 6 minutes later, it had started to spit. By the time we turned onto the road the library is on, it was noticeably cooler in the rain and snow flurries. 
We walked on and it stopped. We were dripping a bit when we got into the library, but we returned our books, picked up the ones that were in, and chatted with the librarians about the new system they have just changed to--it is, as one would expect, a hot mess. It's always an oven in there, so it was a relief to get outside again. Oddly, the first thing I heard when I walked out the doors was the mooing of a cow. No idea where the cow was, but s/he had more to say as we started walking home. The lane was a different experience this time--blue sky, puffy white clouds, and the deep blue sea.
A few minutes after we got home, the rain and snow flurries were back. It's been going back and forth like that all day. We didn't really have a winter this year, but I got a few minutes of it today when there was something for everyone. I'll take what I can get. ๐Ÿ˜€

I hope it's a nice day in your part of the world, whatever the weather.



8 comments:

Vicki said...

We have the same weather in Florida but without the snow, which is the one that I want the most :(

Love the photos!

Shari Burke said...

Looks like the wet roads could get icy tonight. They will probably be gritting them. Two weeks ago it was like summer here. Crazy!

My name is Erika. said...

Sounds like New England. Is it similar to Maine

Shari Burke said...

It changes faster here than it did in Maine--it often goes back and forth continuously throughout the day. So I dress in layers and keep supplies in my backpack--a scrunchy in case it gets too warm and I need to get my hair off my neck, a headband in case the wind starts drilling into my ears, and sunglasses. :-)

NanaDiana said...

LOL-That sounds like WI weather! We went from sleet to sunshine the other day. Today the sun is out and we 'might' have temps in the high 40s. This was the coldest, wettest March in WI in 180 years! I am really, really ready for some nice weather...not too hot--just nice warm days.
Too bad about the new library system. I hope it smooths out soon. Hugs- Diana

Shari Burke said...

I would have gladly traded your wet and cold March for the summer-like weather we had here! It would have been just what you wished for--warm and sunny! :-) I was a bit grouchy because it was too warm. I've been grateful for this reprieve from that sort of weather.

The poor librarians--they have quite a hassle on their hands! Whenever anything is being touted as new and improved, watch out because trouble is coming! :-D

Rostrose said...

Hihi, dear Shari, I've already experienced such weather in Ireland - only there was no snow flurry :-D In Iceland there is also a saying: If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes... Here in Austria we call such weather changes April weather, but the changeability is no longer limited to April. EVERYTHING is just getting more unpredictable in this world...
Nevertheless, I hope that you have a pleasant week - at least you have new reading material now ;-)
All the best,
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/04/grotrappen-balz-ausflug-zum.html

Shari Burke said...

They say that here too and it's true! ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes, enough reading material is very important! ๐Ÿ˜‰