Saturday, March 6, 2021

Sea and Sun

 The other day, Bill was on the landing at just the right time to see the last moment of the sunset, with the giant orange ball sinking out of sight. I dashed around the corner to look at the sky, sorry to have missed what had come before, but still happy to drink in the beauty that remained. I also made a note of the time, so I could watch out for more sunsets in the days ahead. Of course, we then had a few days of solid grey sky, so there was no need to check on the sunset. I knew it was happening behind the curtain of grey, but I wasn;t going to be able to see it.

This evening it seemed like there was a chance, so at around 6, I went on the landing to look. As soon as I opened the door, I was quite hopeful, because the space was filled with an orange glow. Sure enough, there was the sun. I tossed on my jacket, grabbed my bag, hurried downstairs, and raced around the corner to watch the show. It was gorgeous.



How grateful I am to be able to walk outside and see such beauty.

9 comments:

Vicki said...

So beautiful, so glad you finally caught it and shared with us!

Lowcarb team member said...

You are so right ...
A beautiful sight and I say thank you for sharing here.

All the best Jan

Shari Burke said...

The big show on Saturday night :-)

Iris Flavia said...

"I knew it was happening behind the curtain of grey"... I´ll keep that in mind, beautifully said.
And, yes, wow, you see this view just stepping out? Happy, lucky you, please keep on sharing!

Shari Burke said...

It's around the corner :-)

JFM said...

It sure was gorgeous as seen in these stunningly beautiful photos.
Now you can see the sunset whenever you wish!

Shari Burke said...

Yes! And a good thing, too--the sky is back to uniformly grey and there is a lot of rain in the forecast. Probably no visible sunsets this week.

Joy said...

As much as I love a rainy forecast, and how clean it makes the air and helps things grow, these are so so beautiful! <3

Shari Burke said...

We enjoy moments like these when we encounter them 🙂 Probably no visible sunsets this week.