Monday, June 25, 2018

Walking Early(ish) to Beat the Heat

We got up earlier than we'd like (yuck) and postponed the coffee (UGH!!!) so we could go for a walk before things heated up too much. I suspect this will be less effective as the heatwave lingers through the week--night is not long enough here at this time of year to cool things off well. But now is not the time to worry about that! I have to say, once I resigned myself to this early, coffeeless thing, it was actually pleasant out there this morning.

There was a bit of a breeze, but water was pretty still.

Good day to repair nets, I guess.
As in so many other places, Japanese knotweed is a problem.
The flowers look particularly bright in the sunshine, but pretty spectacular in the shade, too!
in a planter in town
hanging basket by our door

part of the outside of a shop wall in town

When we got home, I had some water while the coffee was brewing.  Gotta stay hydrated! I'm going to start some bread in the bread maker soon, but for now, I am here with my feet up and some iced cranberry green tea by my side and feeling pretty content.

I hope it's a beautiful day in your neck of the woods!

No comments: