Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Beautifully Brisk

It was a great grey afternoon, perfect for a walk. I'd been out earlier this morning to pick up some bread and butter before stopping at fruit and veg man's stand to pick up some produce. I was thrilled that he had some hard apples--he was out last week, so I was glad to see them back. At that time the sun was shining, the sky was blue, and I was getting a bit warm. But after a while the clouds rolled in and things got a bit more brisk.

We headed down towards the water, of course, calling in at the charity shop along the way. Spotted a deep purple skirt--my favourite colour--on the euro rail at the front. I felt it and then grabbed it off the rail to check the label. As I suspected, it is pure wool. I took it! It is far too small for me but as fabric, it's wonderful. It is even pleated, which means more wool, and it has a separate lining. I plan to wash it a couple of times to full it a little bit and then cut it up. Bill found a pair of long johns new in the package too, so it was a useful stop.

The walk was lovely, as usual. The wind had a slight bite to it on the way out of town, but it was coming from behind on the way back. The landscape is one of deep autumn now. I was surprised the feather balanced on top of this plant had not blown off, but it was just blowing with the breeze.
 A few leaves are still hanging on some trees, but not others.

We had a nice cup of tea when we got home. There are leftovers for supper, so just heat and eat. We'd thought about going to Letterkenny today, but this morning decided we did not feel like it. I'm glad we stayed home. It's been a pleasant day so far. Hope the same is true for you.



No comments: