Thursday, June 30, 2016

Beautiful Unsummery Day! Yay!

When I logged onto my email this morning I had a notification message from the library that an e-book I'd reserved was 'already available for download.' I'd placed myself in the queue a couple of weeks ago when I was clicking around on the page. 'Ah sure, 23 July,' I thought, 'That's plenty of time for me to read the e-books and regular books I already have and the ones that will be coming any day now.' I did read a couple of e-books. Some of the expected books showed up yesterday. I have one ready to return tomorrow, having started it last night and finished this afternoon. I renewed the large collection of Elizabeth Bowen short stories and one of the e-books. I read a couple of my own books. I will download this new one and into the 'pile' it will go. When it rains, it pours!

So it is with the glorious unsummery weather we are having today and, so they say, tomorrow. I am thrilled that it is grey, chilly, and sometimes raining--and even pouring. It is chilly enough that I think tonight I can work on my largest work-in-progress--the circular crocheted lace shawl. It is getting big now and has been too warm to have on my lap.

These are all of the projects I have going at the moment--the crocheted shawl is being done in a fingering weight wool from a cone I picked up at the charity shop in Killybegs over a year ago. The other crocheted project is the linen and metallic threads I mentioned yesterday--squares that will become some sort of top. I also have a pair of socks on the go and an ongoing tatting project. The thread project is mindless. The socks require some attention as I am doing a lace pattern on the foot. The tatting and the shawl are repetitive, but I have to pay some attention. I've worked on each project to varying degrees lately, except for the shawl so tonight I will make some progress on that while I listen to BBC Inside Science and In Our Time on BBC Radio 4. It'll be good to be able to work on that--I am not far from the end now and the rounds are long. Might as well make hay while the sun doesn't shine! So glad to have this little reprieve from summer!

No comments: