This afternoon I finished a project that I've been picking up and putting down, starting, ripping out, and starting again, and going back and forth about for a month and a half. As we moved from 2017 into 2018, I was crocheting the first idea with the oyster (off-white) yarn by itself. It wasn't working for me, so I ripped it out and thought some more. I started again with the blue and the oyster held together. I loved the way the colours worked together, but wasn't keen on how the project was going and ripped out again. I'd been working with the yarns (both fingering/sock weight and on cones) held together and did not want to cut them or attempt to separate the strands, so I ripped out and had a big pile on the floor between the cones and the couch for a few days while I made a third attempt, which was very much a 'let's begin and see where this goes' kind of project. Today I saw where it went and I am well pleased.
Here's a closer look at the border:
And this is the front stripe:
However I decide to wear it, I love the colours and the way it ended up. It was worth all that frogging--rip it, rip it, rip it! Sometimes, it just has to be done!