Sunday, January 7, 2024

Happy 2024 and Computer Issue

 I hope the first week of the new year has gone well for everyone! I am having some computer issues--hopefully minor--so only have sporadic access and am never sure how long it will last. Not sure if it's the power cord, a loose connection, or something else, but unless everything is just right and it feels like working, no power makes it to the machine. It feels like a loose connection, but I don't know. I have to place the machine in a particular place, plug it in, fiddle with the cord until the light comes on whilst holding my breath, then slowly back away and hope it keeps charging the battery. Or I give up fiddling if the light won't come on. Sometimes it charges a little and then stops. If it all works, then I have a small amount of time to use battery power, which doesn't last that long. Now that the festive season is over and things are getting back to normal, I will take it to a local tech repair guy and see what he says. The problem has been getting worse and I almost took it in the week before Christmas, but then I came to my senses. Nothing would happen at that time of year--LOL




6 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Today, a problem with a computer is like losing an arm! Hope it gets fixed soon, Shari.

Shari Burke said...

Thanks, David. I hope so, too. It doesn't seem serious, but what do I know? :-)

Lowcarb team member said...

The first week of the New Year passed well and speedily!

Sorry to read about your computer problems, hope you can get it fixed soon.

All the best Jan

Sean Jeating said...

Good luck upon you, Shari, and upon your computer.

Juliane said...

Hi Shari,

Happy New Year! I just referred someone who moved to Ireland to your blog! (As to your computer issue, Maybe replace the cord and see if that helps with the problem?)

All the best, Juliane

Shari Burke said...

Hey, Juliane, thanks for the shout out. I hope the newbie to Ireland is settling in happily and well! Not sure if it's the cord or the connection, which seems very loose. The other day I had to wedge something underneath the part of the cord that plugs into the computer and that seemed to work. Happy hat making!!!