Monday, December 23, 2019

Chocolate Mocha Bread

I made some chocolate mocha bread in my bread machine to have for breakfasts and snacks this week.

I just made some substitutions to the usual basic plain whole grain bread that I use as a foundation. Instead of water or milk, I used strong coffee. I added some baking cocoa, mini dark chocolate chips, coconut, and chopped walnuts. I use strong wholemeal flour in the machine and I always add a bunch of porridge oats (salt and yeast, too, of course). I realise as I type that I forgot to add vanilla, which I could have done (or almond extract). No matter--it's delicious as it is. I like it heated up or toasted with butter butter and raspberry or strawberry jam, or peanut butter. Yum! 😋



3 comments:

Vicki said...

That looks so good! I need to get a new bread machine but can't decide on which brand name to go with.

Shari Burke said...

I got mine at a charity shop about 3 years ago. I was there at the right time--the woman who donated it was volunteering that day, so she was able to assure me that it worked perfectly. And she only charged me 5 euro! :-)

NanaDiana said...

That sounds delicious. I haven't had a bread machine in years but they are wonderful. We can hardly find them here anymore. xo Diana