Friday, November 23, 2018

Bobo Snowboy

Last year, a woman discovered Bill's blog and started commenting on it. As a result, he went to her blog (Nana Diana Takes a Break) and started leaving comments. This started their conversation. I think he mentioned my creative work at some point and she said she makes snowpeople. Then, to our surprise and delight, she said she wanted to send us one of them. We expressed our concern about shipping costs and said that we would understand completely if she wanted to change her mind because of them, but one day the postman knocked on the door and handed me a box that contained Bobo Snowboy.
Isn't he fabulous? He came with an introductory letter:
I cross-stitched a Celtic knot design and attached a piece of sea glass, then made this into a thank you card, which we sent off to her.

After that, Diana and I started reading each other's blogs and starting our own comment/email conversations. It's interesting to me how the combination of old-fashioned handwork and technology can bring us in contact with people we'd never know about otherwise!

Thank you, Diana, for making Bobo and for sending him to live with us!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

WONDERFUL!
I think blogging is the best pen pal life ever!
Diana is a kind heart . . .
And so are you!