Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Cranberry Jam

I used one of the bags of cranberries I got from veg man yesterday to make a batch of jam.
 It's been years since I last had any, so it has tasted extra good! I had some on toast today, but wanted to try it last night after it had chilled. I didn't feel like a whole piece of toast then, so I put a dollop on a Rich Tea biscuit--yum!

It's so quick and easy to make. I dumped a 340g (12 oz/4ish cups) bag of cranberries into a saucepan and added 3/4 cup sugar (it's a bit tart, which is how I like it--to make sweeter, add more sugar). I put a bit of water in the saucepan, turned on the heat and stirred while it bubbled and thickened and some cranberries popped. It was just a few minutes before it was thick enough to remove from the heat and it thickens more as it cools. If you prefer it thinner, you can add a bit more water as it bubbles. If you don't like it chunky, you can put in a blender, but I leave it chunky.
That's it. So simple and so good!

No comments: