Thursday, March 16, 2017

Donegal Doily

Last night/early this morning I sat in bed listening to an e-audiobook i borrowed from the library (Why Be Happy When You Can Be Normal, by Jeanette Winterson) and crocheting the last round on my Donegal doily, so named because it is crocheted in the Donegal colours of yellow and green. I got done in plenty of time for St Patrick's Day. Yay! 🍀🍀🍀
I chose a chart from my crocheted pineapple lace book and made only a couple of very small changes on a couple of rounds.  I am quite a fan of crocheted pineapple designs and I always enjoy stitching them. When I was done, I was inclined to pick another chart and start another piece of lace, but I decided to read a little instead. Today I picked up my sock yarn and size 1 dpns and cast on the second sock in a pair. I left my lace book upstairs on my bedside locker (nightstand) and I suspect I will be flipping through it late tonight to see if something jumps out at me. I do have a possible larger lace project in mind.

Right now, I am sitting here listening to some lovely music on Classic FM and drinking my cuppa. We went out a while ago to put books in the wee free library and to stop at the shop for some milk (want to avoid any sort of shops tomorrow, when things will probably be a bit chaotic). When we stepped outside, the sun was shining. Five minutes later when we were at the wee free library, it started to spit. Then the hail started coming down. We walked through the hail shower to the shop. We were in there for about 5 minutes and when we walked out, it was sunny again. The cuppa is particularly nice after being chilled and feeling the hail bounce off my face.

Hope your day contains some simple pleasures too.


No comments: