Sunday, September 18, 2016

Simple Saturday (and Sunday) Supper

We have been having a lovely, lazy weekend with lots of lounging around, reading, hot beverages, baseball (for Bill), and podcasts while knitting (for me). I did not want to spend too much time fussing in the kitchen, so we had a very simple supper last night--egg/red pesto/cheese sandwiches on wholemeal bread and smashed potatoes with veggies and Parmesan cheese.
I sauteed some onions, red bell pepper, broccoli,garlic and crushed red pepper in some olive oil. I boiled and mashed up some potatoes (skin on) and then added the veggies, Parmesan cheese, some black pepper, and some parsley. There are enough potatoes left for tonight so all I have to do is reheat them and cook the eggs to make the sandwiches. I briefly thought about turning the leftover potatoes into potato pancakes, but I think I won't.

I love these kinds of quiet days. I started a mystery novel just after breakfast and finished just after lunch. I might start another one. I have a few different stitching projects on the go and will pick up one or more of them as the mood strikes. I will make some tea this afternoon and later some coffee. Perhaps it will be cool enough in here, as it was last night, for me to have a cup of cocoa before I go to bed. It is raining--I love listening to the rain. It is such a beautiful, peaceful, tranquil day. May it be so for you as well.

No comments: