Monday, April 6, 2020

Monday Miscellany

A few random thoughts on this Monday:
Last week brought the 6th anniversary of our arrival in Ireland. Since our arrival, not a day has gone by when I have not felt gratitude for the fact that we get to live here.

An Taoiseach (our PM), who was a physician before entering politics, has put his name back on the medical register so he can help with the response to the Covid-19 crisis. I think that's pretty cool.

The other night, I was reading an email with podcast recommendations and found out about Phoebe Reads a Mystery. At the time, Phoebe (who also has a couple of other podcasts, which I had never heard of) was reading one chapter per day of Agatha Christie's first novel, The Mysterious Affair at Styles, which features Hercule Poirot. There does not seem to be a separate website for the podcast but a search in a podcast app should get you there easily enough, if you're interested. I subscribed, then started back at episode/chapter one the other night and have listened to a few more since. It looks like she's finished that book now and has moved on to The Hound of the Baskervilles. She's a good reader and enjoyable to listen to.

We went for a walk around the block after supper a little while ago. It was brief, but nice.


I hope you're well and having a pleasant day.



2 comments:

Vicki said...

It would be so neat to visit or live in Ireland.

That is very cool that the physician is offering to help with the virus crisis!

I'll look into that podcast since I love Agatha Christie.

I always enjoy seeing your photos!

Stay healthy!

JFM said...

You are lucky indeed to be living in Ireland.
I have many beautiful books on Ireland but the real thing would be a dream come true.
Enjoy your paradise and do stay safe 🍀☘🍀