Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Rookie Mistakes

When I got up this morning, I thought I'd skip a walk today. I didn't fall asleep until 5ish this morning and after a few hours of sleep, I was still tired. It was decent enough in the house--not too hot--so I dressed in lightweight clothing, but not the lightest clothing I own. I also put on trainers/sneakers and some lace knit socks. I didn't put my hair in a ponytail, either. After lunch, I changed my mind about the walk and suggested to Bill that we walk up a road we'd never been on before, which is on the other side of town. We've passed it on other walks and planned to see what was up there one day. It seemed cooler than previous days. There was no sun. I figured we could wander around for an hour or so. I drank a couple of glasses of water before we left. I put my hair into a ponytail so it was not on my neck. And then I made some rookie mistakes. Did I change into my lightest clothing in preparation for heat and humidity? I did not. Did I change into hiking sandals? I did not. Did I remove my rings in anticipation of the swollen fingers I always get when walking in heat? I did not. Once we started walking uphill on that road, I wished I had done all of those things! But it was a lovely walk anyway. We passed a lane that we plan to explore on another day, walked up into the hills, enjoyed the beautiful surroundings, and got some new-to-us views of our little town.
in the clouds
made it back to the arctic--LOL
old school house--now a dwelling
town in the distance as we came back down the hill
a bit closer
painted bikes with flowers are scattered around town--here's one
here's another
the sign on the bike
It was a nice walk, even if it was warmer and more humid than I expected it to be and I did not prepare properly. Next time, I won't make those kinds of rookie mistakes 😉

May this day be peaceful and pleasant for you in your part of the world.

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

I am sorry it was so hot on your walk but it looks like you had a good walk anyway. The country there is really beautiful, Shari. I hope you have a good rest of the week. xo Diana